On traveling, teaching, learning and living in far western China.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Bad-Ass

Life in Shihezi has gotten busy since the arrival of the PiA fellows, Will and Ana, and since my becoming involved with the university speech club, whose contestants will go to Urumqi in October for the province-wide competition.  I have lots to share, but those things will have to wait until I get back from my travels!  The National Week holiday starts tomorrow, and Ana and I are heading to Urumqi to catch our 24 hour train to Kashgar, where we will bask in non-Han-ness before heading to Tashkurgan near the border with Pakistan.

I leave you with some pictures of what can only be described as the most bad-ass meat preparation method I have witnessed.

badass1

badass2

badass3

(Photos taken earlier this week, just around the corner from my apartment! I love my neighborhood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment