On traveling, teaching, learning and living in far western China.

Monday, November 8, 2010

American college life

I had my students write skits pretending to be American college students.  Here are some choice moments:

Part-time jobs:

Oh milk, I love milk.  You are the milk angel! (student to another student, whose part-time job is to go around to dorms selling milk - apparently a real job here!  I explained that that's not a common job in the US...)

Curse words (which I did not teach them!):

Shut your fucking up, countermand your taradiddle.  Bitch.  (an argument on the basketball court)

Halloween:

Parker: I should have dressed up like a superman.
Jackie: You, superman? A man who wears his brief outside, hum, hahahaha!
Parker: I should wear a red brief outside.  But I have no red ones.
Michael: So you wear no brief???
Parker: I wear a white one.
Michael: My god! You wear a white brief outside?  Oh forgive me, I don't know this guy.

Girls: (DUT's male-to-female ratio does not work in favor of my lonely, desperate male students)

D: I had a funny dream last night, in the dream I was swimming with a lot of beautiful girls!
A: (Be envious) What a sweet dream, you are so lucky!

Nero: I think he want to have a party
Tim: I think that is great.  Girls beers I'm coming!!
Patricia: Hey guys, I'll attend a ball with my boyfriend tonight.  Would you like to go with us?
Nero: Sounds great! I'll go with  my girlfriend...No I will hunt girls!
Tim: Is there any beautiful girl? If not, I'll never go!
Patricia: Yes, many sexy girls!
Tim and Nero: Girls!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment